Black Forest Cheesecake

 Thanks to PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese I’m sharing this gorgeous, decadent cheesecake… the perfect finish to any holiday meal!



Oh how I love an impressive dessert!  This luscious Black Forest Cheesecake is just that… impressive!  Rich, creamy chocolate cheesecake is topped with beautiful whipped cream and bright, sweet-tart cherries… it’s combination sure to bring rave reviews!


Of course any great recipe starts with great ingredients… and for cheesecake that means Philadelphia cream cheese!  Philadelphia cream cheese has been America’s favorite since 1872, and I always “bring out the silver” because… it’s simply the best!


Quality is very important to me and with Philadelphia cream cheese I know I’m using cream cheese made with fresh milk and cream, and no preservatives.   Philadelphia uses milk sourced from dairy farmers local to where the cream cheese is made, and that milk it turned into delicious cream cheese in just six days.



From fresh, to classic, to decadent, when you start with Philadelphia cream cheese, you know it’s going to be delicious!


Let’s get baking…


Baked cheesecake recipes often call for a “water-bath”.  I’ll have to admit, as much as I enjoy complex desserts, I’ve had a mental block about the extra step of the water bath.  Now that I’ve tried it, I’m not sure what I was worried about!  This extra step really only takes a minute and the results are well worth it!  My cheesecake baked up smooth, crack-free and the finished cheesecake was super creamy and delicious!


To create the water bath, (step 1-2) simply cover the cheesecake pan (sides and bottom) with foil so that no water will get into the pan (from the base seam of the springform pan).  Place the whole pan in a large roasting pan or baking dish slightly larger than your cheesecake pan (step 3).  Pour HOT water (I use hot tap water) into the roasting pan so that the water fills the pan about 1″ high.  Bake as directed.  Once baked, cool fully (as directed) and you will have a smooth, creamy, beautiful cheesecake (step 4)!

Post a Comment

0 Comments